SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#300502 - 12/07/10 05:58 PM The "Logic" playing certain sound.....details, details...
mdorantes Online   content

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I think is a good idea to see how the instrument to emulate plays.
I did play the guitar and another stringed instruments, and that is probably why I "try" to play most emulation of instruments with their own "Logic".

And like Ian said, the Sax, Flute, Clarinet, trumpet, trombone, etc. IF it is playing the lead melody, play ONE note, UNLESS is a combination a la Glenn Miller as an example, then you can use the function on the MOC to separate what you want to be ensemble and so on the 3 sections (On the Tyros series, other wise, the 2 sections on PSR-PSRS models), with this in not only to make the function play the chord behind the melody note, but also IF you play your chord yourself and there is a way to make the "ensemble" play the chord behind the melody note (without playing the lead note), same as the duet(I use this in Polkas accordion and Clarinet or sax), I use this feature to give more "realism" to my music, not just that, is simply Logic, so the high note is play by let's say the clarinet, and the harmony that by the Sax...of course playing the notes yourself...C(Sax) E (Clarinet).
And please, no sustain on wind/brass/wood instruments....it drives me crazy.... ;o)

One thing I do, when playing with an Acoustic Guitar, NEVER play more than 6 notes, and never ALL at the same time, slightly arpeggiated, either ascendant or descendant, consider the contour of the hand.

There are many details, one that I always put attention is the proper chord voicing, so, is not the same as playing a piano, etc.
Break the chord in fifths or fours....I play by ear, I have no theory knowledge, but, Common sense and logic helps a LOT.

------------------
mdorantes

#300503 - 12/07/10 10:27 PM Re: The "Logic" playing certain sound.....details, details...
124 Offline

Absolutely agree, Manuel. I fid it hard to believe that some people overlook these basic things, and we've all heard them. Don't they listen to what the real instruments and what their players are doing? It sort of defeats the object of paying big bucks for a TOTL arranger and then playing parts unrealistically.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online